Do you know someone who deserves recognition for making a valuable contribution to our Southside community through their voluntary work?
I am calling for nominations for the Griffith Australia Day Awards, to recognise people who are performing outstanding voluntary work in the Southside area.
You can nominate one or more people to receive an award. To be eligible, nominees must carry out activities on a voluntary basis in the Griffith electorate. Nominees should not have received an Australian or Commonwealth Honour unless the subject of the nomination is different from the original honour.
The criteria for selection are:
- Community influence: the nominee has shown initiative, has made achievements, and hasinspired others;
- Dedication: the nominee has shown dedication through their commitment to and/or lengthof service, through the routines they have adopted, and through their reliability.
The Award categories are:
- Community, educational, or cultural: the nominee has contributed to community spirit, education, or cultural endeavours through their volunteering.
- Sports and recreation: the nominee has done their voluntary work through a sports or recreation club, or otherwise contributing to recreational activities in the community.
- Arts: the nominee has contributed to, or worked within, the arts as a volunteer.
- Young contributors: the nominee is an outstanding young person under the age of 25 who has gone above and beyond in contributing to their community as a volunteer.
- Small business: the nominee is part of a small business with an annual turnover of under $5 million per year which assists community groups in their fundraising efforts through donations or other similar support.
To nominate one or more people, please give:
- their full name and contact details;
- a brief explanation of why you believe they should be considered for an Award.