Because my staff is small, and our email traffic is large, I have an email policy in place, which is as follows.
- If you are a constituent of Griffith and your issue requires urgent attention, please contact my office on (07) 3899 4031. Urgent issues should not be raised by email.
- To make sure that my office gives highest priority to correspondence from my constituents, I generally will not respond to emails unless a full name and residential address has been provided. Please also include a phone number in case we need to contact you directly.
- While I value all constituent correspondence, given the ever-increasing volume of automated or broadcasted political campaign emails, and the demands this places on my limited staff resources, my policy is not to provide individual responses to emails that are part of a coordinated campaign.
- If your correspondence is a stand-alone email (not part of a coordinated email campaign) and seeks a response, then my office will endeavour to reply within two weeks. We generally meet this service standard, but because this office’s workload varies, that is not always possible.
- My office generally doesn’t respond to emails from individuals who don’t live in the electorate of Griffith. You can find out who your local member is here: http://apps.aec.gov.au/esearch/ To find your Labor Senators in your state or territory, please visit http://www.alp.org.au/senators.
Family and domestic violence
If you're emailing me about family and domestic violence policy ideas, my staff will bring your email to my attention.
My office is not resourced to be a service provider for situations of family and domestic violence. You may wish to contact a service such as 1800RESPECT, which has telephone counselling is available 24/7. Call 1800 737 732.
In Queensland, you may wish to contact DV Connect, which has a 24 Hr Statewide Domestic Violence HOTLINE 1800 811 811 available 24hours a day, 7 days a week. Other services include Men's Referral Service: 1300 766 491, Lifeline (24 hour crisis line): 131 114, and Relationships Australia: 1300 364 277.
Find out more
If your email campaign correspondence is in relation to a policy issue, you can find the ALP national platform here: http://www.alp.org.au/national_platform. You can also find a publication about the fifty policies we released in 2015 here: http://www.alp.org.au/practical_policies_that_put_people_first And you can find a list of Labor's Shadow Ministers here: http://www.alp.org.au/shadowministry.
You can find out more about me at www.terributlermp.com, http://www.facebook.com/butler4griffith, or http://twitter.com/terrimbutler. You can find out about my professional background at https://au.linkedin.com/in/terrimeganbutler. I'm also on Instagram as @terributlermp