Like many locals, I feel the pressure of balancing a busy work life and quality time with family. To deal with the increasing demands of the future, my plan will:
- Ensure our local schools and hospitals are properly staffed and funded so our families get the education and care they deserve
- Help local business stay competitive
- Ease the traffic gridlock with upgraded infrastructure and better public transport
- Protect our local neighbourhoods from over-development.
My plan delivers a stronger, better, safer community. Now and into the future. But I need your support to make it happen.
Infrastructure and public transport
“I want to live in a Southside community where we spend less time in traffic and more time with
To reduce the number of cars on the road, address localsnarls and increase traffic flow, my plan will:
- Remove railway level crossings which contribute to traffic snarls, like the Cavendish Road, Coorparoo crossing.
- Increase investment in public transport to projects like the Cross River Rail (which will also improve traffic congestion on Stanley St Woolloongabba), more express train services to the City and more local buses.
Local services, local business
“Local schools, hospitals and businesses are the heart of our community.”
There have been too many LNP cuts to local services and businesses. My plan will:
- Ensure our hospitals get the funding they need to bring staff levels back to acceptable levels, reduce waiting times and take the pressure off our emergency departments.
- Bring back preventative health programs which keep people healthy and out of hospital.
- Make sure local schools get the funding they need so our kids get enough one-on-one time and our teachers get the professional development they need.
- Reintroduce business assistance measures to help local businesses remain competitive.
Protecting our local lifestyle
“Growth is good. Over-development is not.”
To make sure growth in the Southside is sustainable, my plan will:
- Protect the character and safety of our local neighbourhoods.
- Give locals more say in local development approvals, not less.
- Ensure no development is approved unless it has the appropriate infrastructure around it.