The Turnbull Government says it is cutting family payments to pay for child care.
In fact, it is cutting $2.7 billion from family payments, but spending only $1.6 billion on its child care changes.
In any event, Labor has said very clearly that the Turnbull Government should not hold families, pensioners, new parents and young people to ransom to pay for childcare reform.
On top of the cuts to Family Tax Benefits, Malcolm Turnbull is cutting:
- Paid Parental Leave to around 70,000 new parents each year.
- Energy supplement to pensioners, people with disability, carers and Newstart recipients.
- Cuts to young people between the ages of 22 and 24 by pushing them onto the lower Youth Allowance – a cut of around $48 a week or almost $2,500 a year.
- Scrapping the Pensioner Education Supplement and Education Entry Payment.
- Cutting the pension to migrant pensioners who spend more than six weeks overseas.
Malcolm Turnbull doesn’t have a plan to help families. His only plan is to rip billions from household budgets across Australia.